• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL]SpeedDemon V5.6 (Performance & Battery Improvements) - MIUI Kernel

I downloaded and flashed this kernel but it stuck at the splash page. Got back in with mock kernel (which works find on my phone) and deleted and redownloaded the kernel. Flashed it again and it worked but now it reboots itself after about 5 minutes. Flashed back to mock kernel and all is fine again. Any thoughts as to why I can't get this kernel to work? Also another dumb question but can you reboot into cwm with the phone on in miui (like you can in cm7)? I have been having to power off and reboot into recovery.

Upvote 0
Well I need to know(you need to do) these three things before I solve your problem.

1. Did you Wipe Dalvik Cache Then Flash the Kernel?
2. Are You Running MIUI GB-1.11.25- By Isaac
3. What Changes Did You Make Between, First Flashing The Kernel & When You Started Rebooting?

~~~
You need the extended setting mod for MIUI GB to extra option in the Power Menu...

Upvote 0
You need to wipe dalvik cache; flash this kernel again, but don't do any changes(over or under-clocking, changing I/O or Governor, and Don't change voltages). Google 'extended setting mod for MIUI GB', it adds more options to power menu(the menu that shows up when you hold power button at lockscreen).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones