• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] StupidFast v1.0.36 (Stable)

[/QUOTE]actually my friend that was not your fault at all, like my friends Kaessa and nitsuj17 we love helping others with their issues. And I kinda have a habit of staying up way to late [5-6am] on weekends geeking out on this stuff

yes that is normal, that number is the android 2.1 eclair build and has nothing to do with geeknik or any kernel
dont be afraid of asking questions buddy that how we all learned too and yes I will be up to all hours of the night if you need me. Or if you have 1click root questions hit up nitsuj17 he loves that stuff[/QUOTE]

Yea nitsuj17 was helping me out to..glad to know that

Upvote 0
Haha I won't mess with the 1 click..Id rather just drive you guys crazy and do it the right way;)

id rather help 50 people get through issues with regular root and recovery etc than have to see 1 thread on phone only root :D

im not judging people who do the phone only stuff (well maybe :eek:) but anyone who takes the time to do something the "right" way gets points in my book :D

Upvote 0
id rather help 50 people get through issues with regular root and recovery etc than have to see 1 thread on phone only root :D

im not judging people who do the phone only stuff (well maybe :eek:) but anyone who takes the time to do something the "right" way gets points in my book :D

That being said..are the ROMs in rom manager ok or do you not trust that either? I want to get a new rom but don't want troubles

Upvote 0
That being said..are the ROMs in rom manager ok or do you not trust that either? I want to get a new rom but don't want troubles

anything that is in rom manager is good to go. the devs who post there are top notch :)

jt's super clean 0.4 under jt1134 is what i run most of the time as its basically slimmed down stock with some aosp apps and it deodexes ur system for themes.

Upvote 0
anything that is in rom manager is good to go. the devs who post there are top notch :)

jt's super clean 0.4 under jt1134 is what i run most of the time as its basically slimmed down stock with some aosp apps and it deodexes ur system for themes.

You need to try the SuperDark its an all around sweet ROM and this one is differently fast you will see the difference no bench mark required. Stick this in with the StupidFast kernel (got to love that name). and you got a real nice setup.

The over night power drain was very good compared to stock. I like to test over night to see if everything sleeps properly. Its a good time to find those bad apps as they will stand out like a sore thump when looking at battery stats.

Any ways this ROM and StupidF kernel was almost completely a leep and only lost about 4% in the 6 hours. Compared with my last ROM kernel which lost 30-35%:eek: The dialer had trouble sleeping it seems

Any ways I highly recommend giving SD a try, it's fast and it looks good.

Upvote 0
You need to try the SuperDark its an all around sweet ROM and this one is differently fast you will see the difference no bench mark required. Stick this in with the StupidFast kernel (got to love that name). and you got a real nice setup.

The over night power drain was very good compared to stock. I like to test over night to see if everything sleeps properly. Its a good time to find those bad apps as they will stand out like a sore thump when looking at battery stats.

Any ways this ROM and StupidF kernel was almost completely a leep and only lost about 4% in the 6 hours. Compared with my last ROM kernel which lost 30-35%:eek: The dialer had trouble sleeping it seems

Any ways I highly recommend giving SD a try, it's fast and it looks good.

jts 11/15 kernels are pretty money right now as well. i suggested super clean as thats a basic but very good rom to play with without missing too much.

Upvote 0
Agreed, 11/15uv is nice [geeknik's 1.2 is not stable yet so Im back on 15uv] and yeah with clean rom forgetaboutit. FWIW superdark is 98% the same "guts" as clean obviously the major difference is the dark theme

I haven't tried Super Clean but I am loving Super Dark. Just loaded StupidFast 1.2.2 UV test tonight and (fingers crossed) so far so good. The battery life is good with all the SF kernels (I've tried all the releases thus far). Geeknik is doing one hell of a job.

Upvote 0
Agreed, 11/15uv is nice [geeknik's 1.2 is not stable yet so Im back on 15uv] and yeah with clean rom forgetaboutit. FWIW superdark is 98% the same "guts" as clean obviously the major difference is the dark theme

ok lets clarify

Stupid Fast is a Kernel from Geeknik

Super Dark is a ROM from ThatDudeButch

and Stupid Dark is what i call the combination, which i have been running, since 1.0.36, 1.1.14 and now 1.1.23 and it has been perfectly stable for me

there may be a couple issues with geekniks kernel right now, unfortunately i cannot determine what the issue is. i have not had the USB issue at all from the beginning. the audio issue only manifests itself when using power amp....which isnt all that great IMO

using the "stock" AOSP media player included in the Super Dark rom and using Pandora i have no audio issues

i dont know of any other issues that are repeatable with the kernel or the rom, but i think to call geekniks stupid fast kernel "unstable" is quite contrary.

Upvote 0
ok lets clarify

Stupid Fast is a Kernel from Geeknik

Super Dark is a ROM from ThatDudeButch

and Stupid Dark is what i call the combination, which i have been running, since 1.0.36, 1.1.14 and now 1.1.23 and it has been perfectly stable for me

there may be a couple issues with geekniks kernel right now, unfortunately i cannot determine what the issue is. i have not had the USB issue at all from the beginning. the audio issue only manifests itself when using power amp....which isnt all that great IMO

using the "stock" AOSP media player included in the Super Dark rom and using Pandora i have no audio issues

i dont know of any other issues that are repeatable with the kernel or the rom, but i think to call geekniks stupid fast kernel "unstable" is quite contrary.
Yeah, I dont get the people who try and blame the kernel for music player issues, usually its the rom and most people with the audio issues I see have either blackhole, superdark or deodexed. jt's clean seem ok and audio problem free or maybe the problem is poweramp itself I dont know.

Unless you meant my comment about 1.2 being not stable:thinking:
When I said that I was not referring to any with his released kernels. geeknik built a 1.2Ghz kernel which was never released to the masses and that was what my comment was in reference to with not stable which it wasnt. I got locks in quadrant and even playing some apps. He was getting locks just scrolling thru menus so thats the context for my comment. Im using his UV kernel and loving it.

Upvote 0
well lets also remember that virtually everything built rom/kernel wise in the last month is based entirely of what jt has done, so there isnt *that* much of a difference when you come down to it :D
Yup totally agree. Its why I like the Ferrari vs Lamborghini analogy. Although I called geeknik's kernel a Ferrari, its more accurate to say jt is the Ferrari. He's the classic, the most renowned and in the game longest. The founding father if you will. So others start with his work and modify, in some cases making an equal or even better, depending on perspective, product. Its kinda that whole standing on the shoulders of giants thing. The same way Lamborghini left the Ferrari company to make his own mark. Bottom Line friendly competition is a good thing. Without jt there is no stupid fast kernel for sure. But equally true geeknik took those memory optimizations to the next level. So jt comes back with 11/15uv adopting some of the same and geeknik responds with his own uv. [and off the record I finally talked him into the OC as well but thats still an in the works project]. Same thing with ROM's. Blackhole and superdark are mostly just jt with a twist. The real winner is of course us the end user. The beauty of the IRC and whole dev community is everybody helps everybody else and shares info at will. jt and geeknik are good friends and there is no negative competition just healthy motivation to succeed.

My favorite IRC story to share is the following, [those of you on IRC will appreciate this]:

Maybe a week ago or so, its kinda dead. The usual suspects are all there. The talk is light hearted and full of banter, back and forth back and forth. Then jt pops in and asks birdman something very techincal and birdman responds very esoterically. For the next 6 minutes its just the two of them back and forth over some serious code optimizing compiling talk. All other talk ceased, no interruptions. It ends with jt saying something like OK I'll test it out now. Silence for 30 seconds when I finally break the ice and say "See, now that's respect, jt and birdman talk and everyone shuts up and listens." My comment got the usual nods and LOL's and the room quickly returned to "normal." But anyone who's spent an hour in there I think understands there is a certain peeking order if you will and who really knows their stuff. The super awesome thing is the ones will the most to share [knowledge wise] usually do which is great for bottom feeders like myself to just soak it all up.

/ getting off small soapbox.... here nitsuj17 you'll need this box back someone is returning their SF to Verizon because they bricked it with a 1 Click Root ;)

Upvote 0
not much to say, other than nod and agree saps :)

No kidding :).

I'm glad to hear he's working on an OC though. I've have been on IRC sporadically, so I'm not feeling completely up to date. Saps do you know if he'll UV it as well? I have a soft spot for UV/OC kernels :D

Also, what is the difference between jt's 11/15 UV and geek's 1.2.2 UV (apologize for a seemingly simple question)?

Upvote 0
No kidding :).

I'm glad to hear he's working on an OC though. I've have been on IRC sporadically, so I'm not feeling completely up to date. Saps do you know if he'll UV it as well? I have a soft spot for UV/OC kernels :D

Also, what is the difference between jt's 11/15 UV and geek's 1.2.2 UV (apologize for a seemingly simple question)?
The OC kernel he sent me was 1300mv [1275mv is stock] he then made a 1250mv and it had problems and he never even sent it to me. He's taking a mini break from OC project right now as he's got a bit going on in real life. But yeah the target is OC/UV.
In your hand, on your phone if I gave you an SF with jt and one with geeknk's you could not tell the difference. They are equally good to be honest both real world and benchmarking, the difference is no more than 2% you cannot go wrong with either.

Upvote 0
The OC kernel he sent me was 1300mv [1275mv is stock] he then made a 1250mv and it had problems and he never even sent it to me. He's taking a mini break from OC project right now as he's got a bit going on in real life. But yeah the target is OC/UV.
In your hand, on your phone if I gave you an SF with jt and one with geeknk's you could not tell the difference. They are equally good to be honest both real world and benchmarking, the difference is no more than 2% you cannot go wrong with either.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info saps (as always) :)

I'm downloading superclean ROM..is there anything I need to do before it downloads, I did a backup before I started..I'm downloading it through rom manager will it take care of everything? Or do I do anything when its done downloading?

I've never downloaded any ROMs/kernels from ROM manager but I imagine if nothing happens after you download it and reboot, you'll probably have to install it manually. I assume it just downloads the ROM file to the SD. If so, you'll have to flash it through Clockwork. Not sure though. Bump for anyone who knows if ROM manager downloads and installs it or just downloads it?

Reactions: davidnmegan6907
Upvote 0
If you DL thru ROM Manager it will install. Note that upon reboot you will have to wait a few extra minutes on the splash screen before it comes up, please dont panic and pull the battery give it 5 minutes, even though I think its like 2-3.
Having said that superclean is like 140mb and if you're not on wifi or if you're getting less than 500kps downstream you might just wanna DL thru your computer and then put it on your sdcard and then flash it on thru CWM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones