• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kernel Suggestion

bigshotproducer

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010
Virginia Beach
So, I've rooted my wife's Fascinate -- against her will. It's a great phone -- but at times seems very laggy.

I understand I could flash a new kernel to make things better.
But I need to do it and keep it pretty much stock'ish so the wife doesn't flip out on my that she has to redo her screens and such.

Any suggestions on a good kernel to just speed this thing up and squash the lag?

Thanks all!

OTB.test5_ul_1100.zip OTB test5 ul 1100
OTB.test5_ul_1200.zip OTB test5 ul 1200
OTB.test5_ul_1300.zip OTB test5 ul 1300

OTB.test6_sv_1100.zip OTB test6 sv 1100
OTB.test6_sv_1200.zip OTB test6 sv 1200
OTB.test6_sv_1300.zip OTB test6 sv 1300

Any one of these will work on 2.1, they're Voodoo kernels if you're familiar with that - most kernels today are Voodoo (simply put, it kicks the lag that you had at stock).

The UL ones are the undervolted and SV are standard voltage. I had to try a number of these before I found the perfect one that gave me performance and battery, which ended up being the UL 1200 :p

Reactions: bigshotproducer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones