• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kernel with great battery

Ok a couple questions 1st I need a kernel that has good battery life? Do I flash it the same way I do for a rom is a wipe needed?? And how do these kernels work?? Ocnbrze I know your there!!!! Lol

lol yeah i'm here.

read the kernel sticky.
wipe dalvik cache and cache only. no need to wipe data
and you just flash it like a rom.

Reactions: junebogey
Upvote 0
What kernel would u recommend for better battery ocnbrze?? I'm on 2.3.3

Keep in mind every kernel reacts differently to each phone. Ocn, may get great battery out of Golden Monkey, and it may suck chocolate starfish on your piece.
Just try another until you find the best one for your phone.
Remember, make sure the kernel you choose is for the version of android you are currently running. A froyo kernel will not work with a GB Rom. ;)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Keep in mind every kernel reacts differently to each phone. Ocn, may get great battery out of Golden Monkey, and it may suck chocolate starfish on your piece.
Just try another until you find the best one for your phone.
Remember, make sure the kernel you choose is for the version of android you are currently running. A froyo kernel will not work with a GB Rom. ;)

chocolate starfish? that is a new one for me LMOA!

Upvote 0
if you've flashed a kernel and it doesn't work for you and you want to flash another one, how do remove the previous kernel. do you have to wipe data over again...i'm a noob by the way...lol

The only thing you need to do is wipe the cache partition and the dalvik cache. Only those two, no need to start from scratch. Please wipe each several times to be sure.
Then just flash the kernel through recovery, it'll delete the old one before writing the new one. ;)

Reactions: asakinasa
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones