• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] ZVC Overclocked to 1.2GHz/1.3GHz *FINAL* [UPDATE 5/10]

Using the new fixed 1300 mhz kernel I benchmarked using quadrant while plugged into usb and scored better than the stock galaxy nexus amazing, I'm sure my class 10 sd card had something to do with it, nevertheless amazing. Now to figure out how to disable the twl power controller to alwayz have plugged into usb performance.
GREAT WORK NDNO!

Upvote 0
Added another undervolted test kernel. It's 1.2GHz but the 3 lower frequencies are undervolted by 100mV; the 800MHz entry is replaced with the 1000MHz

• 300MHz - 900mV
  • 600MHz - 1062.5mV
  • 1000MHz - 1250mV
  • 1200MHz - 1375mV
Download link in first post.

Here's a snapshot of the "Time in State" (run time each of the frequencies); if your phone is idle most of the times, it should stay in the lower 3 frequencies; undervolting those frequencies "should" help out with battery life (theoretically); I can't prove that yet. This snapshot on my phone shows that it's running at 300MHz greater than 60% of the times, should it should be using less voltage. Of course, if you're constantly using your phone, it will run at the highest 1200MHz frequency, which will degrade your battery performance quickly.

The "Profiles" feature in SetCpu is a great feature. I use it to force the operating frequency to be in the lower 2 or 3 frequencies when I don't really use the phone. For example, I set it just operate at 300-600MHz between 1am and 7am, when I'm asleep. You can create multiple profiles and you can also assign a priority to each so one can override another one.

Attachments

• shot_000029.jpg
    shot_000029.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Great Googly Man!

Slow down or your going to give yourself a hernia!

Plugged in I got 3071 on Antutu! (best of three)

Unplugged 2640 (best of three)

Boost Mobile
CTmod latest (3.6 for Boost)
your latest kernel (1.4)
class ten sd card

I'll post pics when I find that thread and load photobucket.

Congratulations! Nice work!

Reactions: ndno
Upvote 0
Great Googly Man!

Slow down or your going to give yourself a hernia!

Plugged in I got 3071 on Antutu! (best of three)

Unplugged 2640 (best of three)

Boost Mobile
CTmod latest (3.6 for Boost)
your latest kernel (1.4)
class ten sd card

I'll post pics when I find that thread and load photobucket.

Congratulations! Nice work!

i need to upgrade my class 4............... :/

Upvote 0
I went into Best Buy's camera section. (the mobile phone section only had class 4's). Any way it is a pny 8GB class ten. I am seeing them online for like $10.00.
Same here, I also have a 32GB Class 4.. It was only $12 more online for the Class 10. I was pissed, the rep at Best Buy told me that the class wouldn't make a big difference because the phone itself wasn't rated higher than Class 4. Meaning anything over Class 4 was a waste of money. Needless to say it is the last time I will ever buy from their over priced store!

Upvote 0
Same here, I also have a 32GB Class 4.. It was only $12 more online for the Class 10. I was pissed, the rep at Best Buy told me that the class wouldn't make a big difference because the phone itself wasn't rated higher than Class 4. Meaning anything over Class 4 was a waste of money. Needless to say it is the last time I will ever buy from their over priced store!

Yes my first mistake was buying a 16GB (class 2)... It was the "best" they had.

Next time, after doing more research online, I went to the camera section, and picked up my pny...

Upvote 0
Is anyone working on the CPU thing? I'm tempted to keep taking cracks at it but I haven't been able to make any progress yet. Has anyone studied the kernel log differences between plugged into AC and plugged into USB?

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I have looked at it a bit but no luck thus far. Im guessing something is triggering the TWL power controller to get it to drive the gpu.

Upvote 0
Just a heads up V1.4 works perfectly so far with one exception: The screen won't turn on for about 15 seconds and it reboots when run at 300mHz min & max for long periods of time.

Thanks. Maybe the voltage is too low (undervolted) to run at 300 all the times. Can you try 300-600? Otherwise I have to increase the voltage for 300

Upvote 0
I've been running v1.4 for about 12 hours. No real problems that I can tell. Its possible that 300 has too low a voltage, as I have that set for screen off and I don't think that it is pulling 3G when asleep.

Can you test it out and try sending an email to yourself while it's in sleep mode at 300? I have mine set at 300-600 and haven't seen any problems

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones