1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Kexec Released for the Bionic!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tehsusenoh, Aug 17, 2012.

1. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Android Expert

mahashel, fatpomp and Jeffery like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mahashel

mahashel Member

Any news regarding kexec ROMs?
    I see dhacker posting code check-ins on Twitter, but haven't heard of any finished ROMs yet. I'm itching to finally flash something radical on my Bionic. :D

3. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

I know that Hashcode is still working on it, but I believe that he is having some problems with the files on his domain. As I recall, the Bionic (as with other Moto devices he is working on) is nowhere near feature complete.

Anyway, the best way to find out the whens is to follow @hashcode0f on twitter:

https://twitter.com/Hashcode0f

(You can read through his recent posts to see info about the Bionic.)

4. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Android Expert

Essentially everything is working, except for the camera (which includes the flash as well). There are a few stability bugs still under work, but they're moving slowly but surely.

I've been following the changes closely (I get SMS messages everytime there's a commit) as well as pulling the repos to do test builds for any breakthroughs that they don't officially announce.

The most recent time I built the code, specifically the CM10 build, the setup utility would crash, so no dice there.

There are a lot of different codebases, devices, etc that they are trying to develop for simultaneously, so it is somewhat slow. Thankfully the devices are similar enough in archetecture that porting between the two isn't too hard, but takes time nevertheless.

5. Jeffery

Jeffery Android Enthusiast

Good to know... I'm back on .238 stock, rooted b/c it's stable.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews