• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

key lights not working after root

Now I see. The executable file IS the Odin one click. Sorry to be stupid. Anyhow, I flashed the GC01 again, this time with the one click and the key lights are working now and yellow triangle is gone at boot up! Thanks for your help. One last question and I'll leave you alone. If I want to go back to stock, unrooted (if I need to send phone in, or sell it, or whatever) one person mentioned the Samsung loader with stock JB rom. How would I go back to stock? Would I use that method, or just do the same one click method with a stock rom? If so, where can I find the stock roms? Also, who should I donate to for the help? Thanks again.

Upvote 0
After flashing GC01 with one click, the lights and phone appear to be normal. But phone is not stable. It will lock up several times a day, or get to where it will just start rebooting. I would like to flash original rom and just put it back the way it was. Can you provide me with a link to do this? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I did the no data. Does that make a difference?

The no data one can be an issue as operational settings are kept even corrupt ones. For a true clean start use the full restore one. You do need to backup your pictures to external sd card or PC etc and backup apps or re-download them. If backing up a app with TB make sure it is set to do it to external sdcard and restore app only when restoring.

Reactions: Doc and CheleCity
Upvote 0
The no data one can be an issue as operational settings are kept even corrupt ones. For a true clean start use the full restore one. You do need to backup your pictures to external sd card or PC etc and backup apps or re-download them. If backing up a app with TB make sure it is set to do it to external sdcard and restore app only when restoring.

Yeah, it's a pain to reload apps, but will give it a try. What is TB? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Phone went into one of it's rebooting modes, but this time it would not come out of it. Phone is only a little over a week old. I reflashed root CG01, but it still was on endless reboot loop. I flashed it again, with non root CG01 and it is stable now (both were no data). I have not tried CG01 root full restore as obviously that is more work saving and reloading data and I have spent so much time on it already. Disappointing to say the least. Maybe I'll try full restore root sometime. Maybe not. Don't won't to waste more time if it's not going to work. I wonder if others have stable results with Boost version of this phone. But anyway, thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones