• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Key pad on Android starting screen not working

On my Lenovo K6 Power phone, on the Android starting screen, the touch keypad for entering the pin is not working. The bottom row of buttons (comprising of the 'back' button, the '0' button and 'ok' button) does not function. When these buttons are pressed the screen displays characters of a row above, as if those have been pressed. So, I have not been able to start my phone at all. Can someone help with a solution?

On my Lenovo K6 Power phone, on the Android starting screen, the touch keypad for entering the pin is not working. The bottom row of buttons (comprising of the 'back' button, the '0' button and 'ok' button) does not function. When these buttons are pressed the screen displays characters of a row above, as if those have been pressed. So, I have not been able to start my phone at all. Can someone help with a solution?
you can try a hard reset. keep in mind that this will delete your data and will trip FRP (Factory Reset Protection) as well. as long as you know your google acct info (email and password) that was originally used to setup the phone, you should be in good shape.

if a hard reset does not fix the issue, then i think you might have a hardware failure and will need to get it fixed or get a new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones