• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Key Vibration / Sound Issue

Muilisx

Android Expert
Jan 7, 2011
Long Island, NY
Whats up

I recently got annoyed by the constant vibration every letter I pressed while text'n, I assumed why waste the motor that does the vibrating. :p so I go into Settings / Language & Keyboard/ Android Keyboard, and turned off " Vibrate on Keypress " I then go back out into a test text, and still...my phone is vibrating..wtf? So i go into Settings/Language & Keyboard / Swype....and...ahh ha....I see Vibrate on keypress, so I turn it off. But, I seem not to like the quietness when text'n, almost like I need some kind of confirmation that I hit a button since its touchscreen. I then go back into settings / Language & Keyboard / Android Keyboard, and enable " Sound on keypress". I then go back to a test text, and wtf...no sound, but sound is turned on, and vibrate it off. How do I fix this? What is wrong? My phones sound is on so I duno what is up. I saw this last night.

Whats up

I recently got annoyed by the constant vibration every letter I pressed while text'n, I assumed why waste the motor that does the vibrating. :p so I go into Settings / Language & Keyboard/ Android Keyboard, and turned off " Vibrate on Keypress " I then go back out into a test text, and still...my phone is vibrating..wtf? So i go into Settings/Language & Keyboard / Swype....and...ahh ha....I see Vibrate on keypress, so I turn it off. But, I seem not to like the quietness when text'n, almost like I need some kind of confirmation that I hit a button since its touchscreen. I then go back into settings / Language & Keyboard / Android Keyboard, and enable " Sound on keypress". I then go back to a test text, and wtf...no sound, but sound is turned on, and vibrate it off. How do I fix this? What is wrong? My phones sound is on so I duno what is up. I saw this last night.

Just a guess but, is sound checked in swype?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones