• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keybaord Text Area Too Small

Potzki0075

Lurker
Sep 24, 2022
Hello. I have a Google Pixel 6 Pro, and when typing a message in either Google Messages (SMS) or Facebook Messenger, The text area for what I am typing is too small. It shows approx 5 lines of text, while the rest of the screen is taken up with the background of the screen behind. When typing large messages, one the 5 line text area is full, the text will scrull up past the text box and become invisible. This makes reviewing what you have written extremely difficult. I would like to make the text box full screen (the available width and height of the xreen that is not taken up by the keyboard itself, which will allow more room for text and an easier review of what has been written.

The example have given occurs with Gboard, as well as alternate keyboards I have tried, so this seems to be a global setting which I can't find an option to change.

Can anyone help fix this issue?

Hello. I have a Google Pixel 6 Pro, and when typing a message in either Google Messages (SMS) or Facebook Messenger, The text area for what I am typing is too small. It shows approx 5 lines of text, while the rest of the screen is taken up with the background of the screen behind. When typing large messages, one the 5 line text area is full, the text will scrull up past the text box and become invisible. This makes reviewing what you have written extremely difficult. I would like to make the text box full screen (the available width and height of the xreen that is not taken up by the keyboard itself, which will allow more room for text and an easier review of what has been written.

The example have given occurs with Gboard, as well as alternate keyboards I have tried, so this seems to be a global setting which I can't find an option to change.

Can anyone help fix this issue?

It would be nice to see a screenshot of your issue to clarify your problem. But on a guess, have you tried making the size of your letters smaller? (Using a smaller font or possibly changing the font you use) These can be changed in Settings - Display & scroll down to the sliders.

Upvote 0
Yes I have tried to reduce the text size, as well as reduced the keyboard height. I have also tried reducing the screen zoom. All of these changes do not allow for the text box to be bigger.

I have added a screenshot to show the text box full of dummy text. There is more text that has become not viewable that has scrolled past the boundary of the text box.

Attachments

• Pixel 6 Screenshot.png
    Pixel 6 Screenshot.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones