1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Keyboard Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vrooms, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Vrooms

Vrooms Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2013
    I purchased a bluetooth keyboard to use with my ZTE V96A which runs android 4.0.4.
    I am able to pair the keyboard with my tablet and the it has a keyboard icon next to it in the list of bluetooth devices. When this happens I am asked to type a 4 digit code and press enter on the keyboard. This works fine.

The Keyboard does not show up in tablet's keyboard & input devices list and I am unable to input text using the keyboard. I tested with my friend's Samsung Galaxy Note its working keyboard show input device, but same 4.0.4 both, but I needed downloaded market APP and finally working now, but why somehow strange some not working with device even same Android? because of IME?

Advertisement

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Welcome to the forums Vrooms :)

Glad to have you here and hopefully we can help you with the issue you are having with your device.

Some input devices are not compatible with some devices but are with others. It so happens that if you have a popular device, like the Galaxy Note, then more than likely the keyboard will probably work with it. However, since your device sounds somewhat under the radar you might need to specifically look for keyboards compatible with it.

Hope this helps :)

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hi Vrooms...

Welcome to the community - I hope we'll be able to offer you the best help ever. :)

4. Vrooms

Vrooms Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2013
    All right, yeah its clear, but still doesnt understand why sometime not work, frustrated waited very hard connecting between device and keyboard after connected quick by bluetooth, waited long time finally work input device, not because of software Android, its hardware depend device? all Samsung S1, S2, and Note its working fine easy input device without need required APP! My device is ZTE so very hard input device from keyboard.