1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Keyboard bug

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RandoTheKing, Jul 6, 2011.

1. RandoTheKing

RandoTheKing Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    I'm using Smart Keyboard Pro and lately (and randomly) when I go to type in a text message or any other text box the characters will not be visible. The predictive text is still working while this is going on but the message wont send because it doesn't 'see' any text. I can't recreate how or why it happens and the only way to fix it has been to keep pressing delete and retyping the characters until they appear. I've reinstalled the keyboard and restarted - same issue.

Anyone else experienced this?

Advertisement

2. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    since you are not using the stock keyboard its probably not the devices fault.

have you contacted the dev? have you tried other keyboards to test if it happens to those? this would help you narrow down if its a general handset issue or app incompatibility..

3. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    Is the application installed to the system or is it running partially or fully from the SD card? Did you uninstall the free version before adopting the paid 'Pro' version?

I followed their Android Market page to their website. Dexilog Smart Keyboard

They have a board there and a contact page that it seems they respond well too. Maybe check their boards for others or try contacting the developer directly to see if it is a known issue. They seem like a good developer that would be receptive to an email/discussion.

4. RandoTheKing

RandoTheKing Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Yes I fully installed it on the phone rather than the SD card due to the Icon bug with Sense 3.0

Tags: