1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keyboard burnt onto screen :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KING LUFF, Mar 1, 2012.

1. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

Hi,

Has anyone else had any problems with screen burn?

For the last week each letter / character on the stock keyboard has burnt into the screen and is visible throughout browsing, apps, games and video. I'm just wondering if this would be covered by manufacturers warranty and how i would go about reporting it!

Not a massive issue but a little bit annoying1

Thanks,
    :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Android Expert

This should definitely not happen. Get a replacement.

3. hurricane630

hurricane630 Well-Known Member

Yep, you have a year manufacture warranty. get it replaced

4. KING LUFF

Thanks, i'm just calling the customer care line now

The UK number is 0330 SAMSUNG (7267864) if anyone else has come to this thread with the same problem :rolleyes:

5. KING LUFF

Sweet,

5 minute call and it's all sorted. Repaired phone in 2 weeks

6. HTCTundaBow

HTCTundaBow Well-Known Member

Hmm. This is not an isolated incident. The screen was burned on a Gnex in the Verizon store. Here's a pic. It's all over the scrren, but I circled the main part.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. stenzor

stenzor Android Enthusiast

Well it's to be expected for a display model so that's not really an issue. Im assuming op is not using a display model though

8. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

Get it replaced...obviously! I didn't even know "burn in" was possible with AMOLED. Good luck withe the replacement!

9. artman540

artman540 Android Enthusiast

My Fascinate had really bad burn in. You have to remember amoled is very similar to plasma.

10. HTCTundaBow

HTCTundaBow Well-Known Member

Not trying to seem like the ass who posts bad shit about a certain phone, but none of the other display phones had a burned screen.

11. stenzor

That just means that the customers who came around and played with the other phones didn't leave it on a single image without any screen time-out. Or maybe it was the employees' fault.

12. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

No, AMOLED and plasma screens are very prone to image burn; LCD displays are not.

13. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

Yep, my Dinc had terrible burn in before I replaced it with the Gnex. I'm a little worried about the on screen buttons now with the Gnex but I haven't noticed anything yet on my phone. Got both on launch day.

14. stenzor

Yes i know.. that's what i said

15. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

Also, AMOLED screens apparently also have 'temporary' ghosting. Is that what you are seeing? If so, it should go away in a short time. If you are getting true burn-in, which you shouldn't, get a replacement. It is not surprising that a demo phone in a store that sits on display for 10hours would have burn in. As pointed out earlier, LCD is immune, but plasma and AMOLED are susceptible to burn in.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews