1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support keyboard constantly freezes up/wont function

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ashtonpry, Oct 20, 2011.

1. ashtonpry

ashtonpry Lurker
    None

Nov 27, 2010
    random letters wont work, and if i click them the letter next to it will come up. and the delete button stops working, i have to close the keyboard and open it again multiple times just to complete one text. it is every single keyboard i have, not just one. right now it's the smart keyboard trial. i dont want to have to get a new phone, im sure my warranty is up. and im waiting for the htc holiday

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I had this happen a few times. Hasn't happened recently. But my quick solution was to turn the phone in landscape then back to portrait (or vice versa) and it worked fine. So I never had to back out of a text or reboot my phone to make it work.

I never found a way to stop it from occurring but it magically stopped on its own,hasn't reoccured in a few months. I used many keyboards including swype, SwiftKey, SwiftKey x, better keyboard and the stock one and this problem happened on all of them at least one time.

Where did you get your phone from? The phone was released in Feb so if you got it from att you can call them and do a warranty exchange for a refurb or contact htc to see if they will check the phone out and repair it if they can. Not sure if att does warranty exchanges on phones not purchased from them.

HTC 1-888-716-3594