1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keyboard Dock Not Charging !!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TexasBadger, May 26, 2011.

1. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Android Enthusiast

My TF pad charges just fine, so there is not any problem with the charger. However, the dock does not charge at all. Even after 12 hours plugged into the wall with the unit turned off, the orange light is still flashing when I boot up. This might be a problem with the firmware. I am running:

HRI66.US_epad-8.2.3.13-20110511

I read somewhere that I should reflash the firmware. I have downloaded this version of the firmware onto a USB drive and the TF recognizes it but will not open the zip file.

What are the steps required to reinstall this firmware? Does anyone know of any other ways to fix the charging problem? The ASUS support site is nearly worthless. I humbly apologize in advance for my ignorance and thank anyone who responds.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mihaelb

mihaelb Well-Known Member

Any lights coming on when you plug in the charger (either on the side near the plug or on top near the keyboard, near where the plug comes in)?

3. TexasBadger

I did some fiddling (highly technical term) this afternoon. Tonight I plugged the combo back in and got an orange blinking LED near the plug on the dock. An hour later, it is solid orange. I have my fingers crossed that it will be solid green tomorrow morning.

4. mihaelb

mihaelb Well-Known Member

I get orange blinking when the battery's dead and just starting to chrge, orange when charging, green when charged...looks like you're on your way! :)

what 'fiddling' did you do?

5. TexasBadger

This is embarrassing! :eek: I simply fiddled with the electrical plugs. I finally got an orange blinking light about 6 PM. By midnight, it was 100% on the screen, with a solid orange light. This morning, it was a solid green light.

The battery life with the dock is now off the charts. My TF has been on for 12 straight hours, with continuous WiFi and GPS, and with the screen on most of the time at full brightness. I played MP3s for two hours, TuneIn Radio for one hour, moved more than 100 files to the TF from my desktop, downloaded more than a dozen apps, processed maybe 50 emails, spent an hour with Pinball HD (amazing), did a fair amount of web browsing ... and my battery currrent is still solid at 70%! With normal use, I may only have to charge my TF every 3-4 days. :D

6. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast

Is the orange light more of a red by chance? I've plugged my dock in and it is showing a light that looks more red to me than the standard orange for electronics.

7. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast

Hoping I just answered my own question just now but it seems that the orange light is indeed more of a red light as I now have a green light. Had me worried at first that something was dead.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews