1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keyboard freeze. After deleting some entries in the predictive text dictionary :S

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by missyem, May 15, 2011.

1. missyem

missyem Lurker

Hi guys,

As the title kinda sums up, I went about deleting some of the words my predictive have savev as 95% of them are always words that don't exist lol. Since then, I've sent maybe one or two texts without problem, and now every time I attempt to use the keyboard it freezes as soon as I press a button. Tried battery pulling numerous times, loads of CPU memory free.

I really want to avoid a factory reset as I had problems with a previous Desire only a month and a half ago and resetting didn't help, and I had to get it sent back. (Touch screen was faulty). Getting a bit fed up that this keeps happening tbh, and if I reset again I imagne my friends will get fed up with me constantly asking them to send me all their numbers again...!

Thanks
    Emma

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. missyem

missyem Lurker

Ohh, also, when I tried to delete a huge load of words, it only deleted a hand full of them and then said there were an error and had to force close. That was pretty important, not sure why I didn't mention it lol. But it HAS happened in the past without keyboard problems.