1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support keyboard glitches in landscape orientation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maxamilian, Sep 20, 2011.

1. maxamilian

maxamilian Newbie
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    My keyboard works fine upright but when composing email and in the landscape orientation. Can get very unresponsivee, type out random groups of two to three letters or aat times no input can be made. Very very annoying. Anyone else experience this. More importantly does anyone know how to fix it permanantly. Im isint the stockmulti touch. Thanthanks.

Advertisement

2. HotDawg

HotDawg Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    data analyst
    Yes, in landscape my built-in swype keyboard goes nuts while in the desktop dock. Few problems out of dock.

3. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    I ran into the same problem. My guess is that it is going to be like every other device with similar problems. They will soon be resolved with updates. The only fix I have found is just installing a different keyboard. I recommend swiftkey X. It is a very responsive keyboard and the more you use it, the better it gets because it will better predict what you are going to say.

4. Groid

Groid Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    I'm using the upgraded swype instead of the built-in one. It seems as accurate and responsive in landscape as in portrait.

5. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    I've been using smart keyboard with the android skin, it's been working fine in portrait and landscape mode, plus it looks real nice. I usually don't care for stock keyboards.