• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard improved on Droid?

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
I tried one out for a few weeks in November, but the keyboard was flat and hard to press keys efficiently. Game emulators did not perform as well as my G1. I can finally get out of my Tmo contract, so tried a Droid out again to see if my opinion of the keyboard was still as bad.

To my surprise, the keyboard on the live demo at Best Buy had a slightly rounded key surface and the keys were a lot more responsive and not as hard to press. I also have an N900 and prefer the Droid's KB (the BB demo), since more space on top row (N900 display bezel gets in the way on top row- needs about 1/4" more space).

Anyone else notice this? I am trying to decide between Droid and Incredible, but prefer a keyboard due to all the great emulators on Android. I may just wait for the Droid 2, but that will probably be in the Fall.

Yeah my first droid had FLAT keys and i really thought iwas going to have to take it back because i couldnt type on it at all....but i took it back for a camera problem and to my surprise the new droid they gave me had the rounded keys and it is a MAJOR improvment in typing....I CAN REALLY FLY ON THIS THING NOW...i am 100% physical keyboard..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones