1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Keyboard improved on Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rushmore, Apr 9, 2010.

1. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    I tried one out for a few weeks in November, but the keyboard was flat and hard to press keys efficiently. Game emulators did not perform as well as my G1. I can finally get out of my Tmo contract, so tried a Droid out again to see if my opinion of the keyboard was still as bad.

To my surprise, the keyboard on the live demo at Best Buy had a slightly rounded key surface and the keys were a lot more responsive and not as hard to press. I also have an N900 and prefer the Droid's KB (the BB demo), since more space on top row (N900 display bezel gets in the way on top row- needs about 1/4" more space).

Anyone else notice this? I am trying to decide between Droid and Incredible, but prefer a keyboard due to all the great emulators on Android. I may just wait for the Droid 2, but that will probably be in the Fall.

Advertisement

2. drumma

drumma Lurker

Nov 11, 2009
    Yeah my first droid had FLAT keys and i really thought iwas going to have to take it back because i couldnt type on it at all....but i took it back for a camera problem and to my surprise the new droid they gave me had the rounded keys and it is a MAJOR improvment in typing....I CAN REALLY FLY ON THIS THING NOW...i am 100% physical keyboard..

3. drudometkin

drudometkin Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    My launch droid has raised keys. I think it breaks in with use. Going from flat to raised.

4. mazz0310

mazz0310 Android Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2009
    Definitely breaks in. My keyboard was completely flat when I got it, not it has real buttons like any other keyboard. It's amazing how after using it a lot it changed so dramatically (not sarcasm). I literally use the keyboard 90% of the time.