1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Keyboard issue - wrong keyboard comes up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mister F, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Mister F

Mister F Member
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    Toronto
    Sometimes when I use the keyboard on my Moto G the standard keyboard doesn't come up, but instead I see this:

[​IMG]

This only comes up sporadically and goes away when I change the orientation of the phone or tap on back. I'm using the stock Android keyboard, no custom ROM, and Nova Launcher. I thought it might get fixed with the Kit Kat update, but it's unchanged other than the characters being in colour now instead of white. Has anyone else seen this?

Advertisement

2. saptech

saptech Android Expert
    None

Yep, I see it happens every so often also. I'm not sure what causes it but I guess it's either part of Nova Launcher, which I have, or the stock keyboard. Changing orientation changes it back to regular keyboard.

3. MrGlowy

MrGlowy Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2012
    Male
    High School Student
    California
    That looks like what you get when you press the emojis button in hangouts.

4. saptech

saptech Android Expert
    None

I seem to get it when I'm using the keyboard and press a key by mistake while typing or similar.

5. saptech

saptech Android Expert
    None

You can get the screen when you long press the Enter/Return key. I read about it on another site. That is probably what happens when I would see it pop up every now & then.

6. Oldgroaner

Oldgroaner Member
    None

Jan 5, 2014
    Male
    I'm Retired!
    Kingston Upon Hull
    I'm using the Swpye/dragon keyboard, and the Nova Launcher I couldn't make this happen...could this be a possible answer? :thinking:

7. saptech

saptech Android Expert
    None

I'm using the stock keyboard that comes with MG and Nova Launcher, so I guess it comes with the stock keyboard. I don't have any other keyboards installed.

8. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2013
    Male
    Janitor/cook I know strange two jobs to have
    Detroit Michigan
    The emoji!!! Yea that is apart of stock KitKat and the location of the back is right next to the emooogii key

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.