• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keyboard issue

bradyapba

Apr 6, 2011
So my keyboard is messed up. It sometimes is not showing what I type on the screen at all, and also the space bar is now acting like a send button or a back button, im not sure which.

I dled a different keyboard, and that one is working fine.

Anyone know how i can try and reinstall the old keyboard? Or any advice on a fix?

I had a similar issue, maybe even the same one. It almost acts like a back button. When you hit space after certain words (for me "sure" was one of them and certain words with "x" at the end) the keyboard goes away like you hit the back button. Then, if you tap the text box again to enter in text again, when the keyboard comes back up, you can type, but, you can't see what you are typing. Even though you really are typing. If you back out of the keyboard and tap the text box again, you'll see what you typed last time. It's a work around, but, unacceptable.

I fixed this issue by going to Manage Applications, then Multi-touch keyboard, then Clear data. Problem solved.

Reactions: stealthyninja
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones