1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keyboard Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Clarkie, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Clarkie

Clarkie Newbie

Hey,

I got my Galaxy Nexus for xmas and it's been great until today.

I started texting somebody and then the phone went to sleep. After unlocking the phone (either with face unlock or the pattern unlock) the keyboard stays on the screen. The keyboard doesn't work and the buttons are very slow to work. Even if you click them to go to the home the keyboard stays there and you can't get on the menu.

Eventually the keyboard crashes and you can use it again. If this happened every now and then it wouldn't be too much bother. It happens every single time the phone sleeps when in the messaging 'app' with the keyboard up!

Does anyone else have this? Can I fix it?

I'm using a UK version of the Nexus and it's running 4.0.1 as my phone says that's the latest version. Obviously the update hasn't been rolled out to me yet?

Also, today I installed some new apps:
    Notepad (uninstalled but the one by BANDERLABS)
    AndFTP
    Teamviewer
    Battery Widget
    Google Sky Map
    Remote Desktop
    Tape-a-Talk
    Speed Test

I've been trying to replicate the issue and although it does it every time in the messaging app it doesn't seem to do it elsewhere at all. In fact, it doesn't do it in the search in the messaging app, only in a conversation.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jack

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Clarkie

Clarkie Newbie

I've somehow resolved this issue.

I went into the Developer Options and activated 'Show CPU usage' and disabled 'Don't keep activities'. I imagine it was the latter that fixed the issue.

Here's what I learned. Leave the developer options alone if you're not developing...

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews