1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Keyboard issues, letter does not type, pressing letter highlights text

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nashmarkt, Mar 10, 2010.

1. nashmarkt

nashmarkt Active Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Male
    It happened 2 times already. I open the slideout keyboard and start typing an email, some letters (like C) does not type so I try a few times clicking the key and it types. then when I hit A the entire text is highlighted and the next character that I type replaces the highlighted text. You can imagine how annoying this can be. I thought I must have done something wrong and examined that the fn key was not pressed (cycled through it by pressing fn 3 times). No luck.
    I tried the same thing in 5 min and it all worked fine. I am baffled.

Anyone else has ever seen this?

Advertisement

2. gunrunner45

gunrunner45 Member

Dec 7, 2009
    This happened to me one time. I power cycled the phone and all was good again.

3. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    I had that problem once when i first got the phone. I think I had a function key enabled or something. After power cycling the phone, it never came back.

I chalked it up to operator error on my part.

-SF

4. jesslovesjello

jesslovesjello New Member

Feb 10, 2011
    My phone is doing the exact same thing! I am going crazy! turning it on and off only helps it for a short period...has anyone got it to stop doing this issue?

5. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Des Moines, IA
    I've had it happen twice now. First time I thought I'd hit some function key, but I'm pretty sure I didn't hit anything I didn't intend to the second time. Backing out of the texting app and then trying again helped the first time. The second time I was trying to post at sdx, where they think it's a glitch by the way.