1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Keyboard issues... will rooting and flashing a custom ROM solve them?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by radiowackoman, Jan 16, 2011.

1. radiowackoman

radiowackoman Member
    None

My girlfriend and I both own LG Ally's - I've rooted mine and have flashed Velocity v0.3 on to it, while she has refused to let me experiment with her's, until now.

She has been having issues with her keyboard. Her "H" key doesn't work all the time, unless a certain key is pressed beforehand (usually the "space" key will get it working.) She also claims the keyboard will just flat out stop responding if she is in the middle of typing something.

I know she has rebooted her phone many times in an attempt to solve the problem, but hasn't pulled the battery.

She now wants me to root and flash Velocity on to her phone, to see if that will solve the problem. Do you guys think that might be the trick?

Advertisement

2. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 1, 2010
    Computer Electronics Engineer
    South Carolina
    THis sounds eiter A> She has too many apps and is lagging her system too much, B> Hardware error C> Software is messing with it. Try a factory reset (in setting > privacy. it will delete everything but will see whats the problem, if that doesnt work you need to take it back for exchange.

3. dautley

dautley Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Dickson, TN.
    If it's under warranty I would just take it back and let Verizon fix/exchange it.

4. yohobojo

yohobojo Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    Student
    Kennesaw, Georgia

Same

5. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    With H being directly above the space key, it sounds like it might be a hardware problem. If somehow a speck of dirt got under the 'dome' where both of those key switches reside, pressing one might have an interaction with the other. I have seen this kind of issue with the type of switches used on the Ally before. If that is the case, only disassembly and cleaning of the switches will fix it.

Tags: