1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Keyboard languages available on Asian HTC One X?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by benitorios, Apr 24, 2012.

1. benitorios

benitorios Member
    None

May 8, 2010
    Hi,
    I'm considering buying a One X in the near future. I live in China but regularly travel to Thailand, Taiwan and Hong-Kong.

I frequently write in French as well as English, so I was wondering if it's possible to enable French (or other European languages) on the One X keyboard if it's let's say a HK or Taiwan model. I've seen a screenshot on some website showing a drop-down list in keyboard languages, so I suspect it should be possible to download language packs, somehow...

Can anyone with a One X in Taiwan, HK or Thailand check out if they have an option on their phone to install more keyboard languages?

PS. I'm referring to the HTC keyboard, not any other 3rd party keyboard, nor changing the locale (I'm fine with English!)

Thanks a bunch!

- benitorios

Advertisement

2. benitorios

benitorios Member
    None

May 8, 2010
    Bumping this one...

Hope someone who bought the phone in HK, Taiwan or Thailand can check this out.

Appreciate any help! Thanks

3. ajeet

ajeet Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2011
    Male
    Malaysia
    I am from Malaysia. My One X has options for selecting the system language from what is in the phone. The languages are English, Thai, Vietnamese and Chinese.
    There is an option for showing suggestion words for a second language. There are a lot of languages for this option, French being one of it. Perhaps you can check the One X owners manual on the HTC site to see how it works. I have never used this functions I use English all the time.
    Hope this helps.

Cheers.

benitorios likes this.
  4. benitorios

benitorios Member
    None

May 8, 2010
    Thanks a lot! I'll look for the manual as well

5. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Being Lazy
    Thailand
    I purchased my One X in Thailand. Per the above post from ajeet, it sounds like our OS is the same.
    I also only use the English language and keyboard.
    To the left of the spacebar there is a language toggle key. Using this you can switch between languages or install a new one. As ajeet stated, there are many language options here and French is included.

benitorios likes this.
  6. blacktea

blacktea Member
    None

Apr 17, 2012
    Student
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I live in Taiwan and own a Taiwan-bought HTC One X. And I can assure you that Francais is one of the languages in the International Keyboards menu :) However, system languages only come in English and Chinese, though.

Hope you get your One-X soon!

benitorios likes this.
Tags: