• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard not popping up...

DocTauri

Nov 29, 2009
My daughter and I both got Eris' [Erii?] with Verizon's 2 for 1. I noticed while loading some stuff to hers last night though that when you type on the keyboard, you don't get the letters popping up (i.e. on mine, when I hit a letter on the keyboard, it pops up a bubble showing what letter I hit for a half second or so, this doesn't occur on hers).

I've looked everywhere I can find but don't see anywhere to turn that on/off. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Doc

he's talking about the ghost keys that show when you type....

when the keyboard is up, hit the little gear symbol next to the space key and fiddle with those settings maybe?

Yes, ghost keys are what I'm talking about. I looked all through the keyboard settings and couldn't find anything like that. I figure I'll do a full system restore and see if that brings it back.

Thanks,
Doc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones