1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keyboard not responding

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mahers, Jan 10, 2013.

1. mahers

mahers Android Expert

Ok, so my wife insisted on a phone with a physical keyboard so I got her the Strat 2. She likes it and it's pretty smooth, but lately, the keyboard doesn't respond. The default keyboard is set to SwiftKey, which I love on my Razr Maxx. Even if she switches from the virtual one to the physical one, nothing responds. She types, but nothing appears in the text box. I turned off SwiftKey and made the stock keyboard the default, but it still won't work. A reset will only work temporarily, but that's annoying to do all the time. (On a side note, despite her demand for the physical keyboard, she rarely uses it! Go figure.)

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AresRising

AresRising Newbie

Hardware: Does the keyboard light up when you slide it open? If not, there may be a loose cable inside the phone, which should be an easy replacement from Verizon.

Software: When you say "reset," do you mean restarting the phone or a factory data reset? If you haven't done a factory reset, back up any data (I use MyBackup from the Play Store - http://goo.gl/BUIw4 - and even paid for the full version ;) ) then try that first. If the keyboard still doesn't respond, I'd take it back to Verizon, demonstrate the issue, and tell them what you've done to attempt a fix.

Samsung Stratosphere 2 Forum

The Samsung Stratosphere 2 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1800mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews