1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keyboard not showing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Random88, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Random88

Random88 Lurker

I recently purchased the s8+ so I'm stil getting uses to it. That being said, I was trying to setup YouTube for Kids for my child. I ran into an issue when it asked to input a verification code. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but when I clicked on the area to type in the numbers, only part of the keyboard showed. The numbers 7,8,9, and 0 were practically hidden which stopped me from putting my code in as it contained a 7 and a 0. I can't scroll up or anything so far. Any advice? Screenshot_20170816-192233.png

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Badwolf2

Badwolf2 Lurker

Why is your phone put in landscape mode? This issue with keyboard happens on every application? Did you try to install another keyboard application?

3. Random88

Random88 Lurker

It automatically switched to landscape mode, even after I turned auto rotate off. It doesn't happen on every application though. So far, it only seems to happen when I'm asked to input a verification code for some reason. For everything else, the normal keyboard shows up.

4. Random88

Random88 Lurker

5. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Install a different keyboard and see what happens

6. Badwolf2

Badwolf2 Lurker

You solve the problem with another keyboard. Install for example Gboard. This problem thought is probably a Samsung keyboard app bug ( or what else you are using). When an application require from keyboard some types of editText fields programmatically they only specifies what keyboard type should be used. A Pin field for example asks for a only numeric keyboard. Then it's the keyboard that have to give the proper keyboard for that purpose. It can be another problem but maybe can be also the XML layout design used by app or the height of the keyboard in landscape mode and it's implementation for that exactly screen size.
    But nothing to worry about , just use another keyboard app temporarily.

7. Rachael Alice

Rachael Alice Member

Normally verification code comes only in number, so may be this is the reason keyboard show only numbers rather then normal keyboard.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews