• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

keyboard opitimized for the left thumb?

JimmyTheSaint

Jun 5, 2010
台北
Can people recommend a keyboard opitimized for one-handed, left thumb use? The best one I've found is Thumb Keyboard 4 because, by providing an option to squeeze everything toward the left side, I can at least reach everything one-handed, even if it's still a bit awkward. I've tried several that allow shifting the entire keyboard toward the left, but I really need access to cursor keys and symbols, and so far Thumb Keyboard is the best. Are there any others to try?

Yeah, Kii is pretty nice. Great suggestion--I'm glad I bumped. So far Kii seems pretty comparable to Thumb, but I especially like Kii's more convenient way of accessing the arrow layout, which provides the full suite of copy/paste stuff that Thumb doesn't have. The only drawback is that Kii doesn't have Thumb's kind of one-handed (squeezed to one side) layout. I'm able to compensate decently well by customizing key size and spacing, but the 'p' and backspace keys are still uncomfortable for my left thumb. Kii does have some "squeezed" split layouts, but they stick a numpad in the middle of those. I would think they could easily make a squeezed standard keyboard, so I emailed the dev a request.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones