• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keyboard problem. Backspace won't work

mattrsa

Jul 29, 2010
Since upgrading to 2.2 the phone has worked find apart from occasionally when I press the full stop when writing a message and then try to delete it by using the backspace key it will not let me which is really annoying and I have to delete all the txt.

Anyone else having this problem?

I've just got the a system update notification on my desire for ROM version 2.10.405.2:

Update Information: 1.Android OS update patch 2.Enhanced multi inbox Gmail support 3.Improved Russia keyboard layout

It doesn't say anything about a buggy onscreen keyboard fix, but let's hope it's there...
I'm currently downloading it and I'll keep in touch

Upvote 0
I've just got the a system update notification on my desire for ROM version 2.10.405.2:

Update Information: 1.Android OS update patch 2.Enhanced multi inbox Gmail support 3.Improved Russia keyboard layout

It doesn't say anything about a buggy onscreen keyboard fix, but let's hope it's there...
I'm currently downloading it and I'll keep in touch

Since this update the problem seems to have dissapeared.
(But keep in mind Murphey's law of debugging: "a bug will always present itself, except when one's searching for it") :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones