1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Keyboard Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bryanheath, Jun 10, 2010.

1. bryanheath

bryanheath Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Sys Admin
    When I rooted to 2.1 I had a microphone by the gear. I also notice a microphone on the Evo. I was having issues with GMAIl and switched to the official RUU and now have no microphone icon grrrrrr. That is an amazing feature! So how do I get it back? Diff keyboard or a feature I am missing? It looks like I cannot root anymore (for a while at least). Anyways just having the microphone icon would suffice I don't have to root per se.

Advertisement

2. bluemark

bluemark Active Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Michigan
    Better Keyboard has worked well for me. It has the mic button and uses speech to text. Price was $2.99 in the Market. Well worth the money in my opinion.
    Better Android Apps

bryanheath likes this.
  3. bryanheath

Oct 21, 2009
    Sys Admin
    I bought it but it looked like it did not work with the 2.1 OS so I returned it. Maybe I did something wrong? After the fact I saw the keyboards as separate apps. Was I supposed to enable in settings then click on the app in the programs section?

4. bryanheath

Oct 21, 2009
    Sys Admin
    Also what about that scary this app caputres all of your TXT did that concern you?

5. bryanheath

Oct 21, 2009
    Sys Admin
    I bought better keyboard again and got it to work on the Hero. I saw smart keyboard free edition out there after the fact. It seems much faster so I will use it for now. I like the HTC skin option a lot. Alas as I previously bought Better Keyboard I can not return it again. However when I get the EVO I will try better keyboard again as it has tons of skins.

Tags: