• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help keyboard repeating by itself

Hi
Hope you can help had a Samsung firmware update last night and then i updated google search, today my keyboard just takes off typing the same letter forever. This happens on the home screen google widget and also Polaris, Dropbox but not on internet search cant work out if its a samsung or google issue. Only fix so far is to restart deleted the Google search update didnt do any good.

I have no idea if this is a firmware issue or hardware issue, or it could just be something as simple as some thin residue on your screen ov even too much static in your hands. Have you tried cleaning it with some screen cleaning solution, and washingyour hands, than tapping the faucet after drying to discharge any static electricity from your body.

If it is firmware, you might be able to restore your device to factory condition and hopefully will address the issue.

lastly, if all else fails, you can always bring it in to get it looked at.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones