1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keyboard responsiveness

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmleon92, Aug 31, 2011.

1. jmleon92

jmleon92 Newbie

So I've had my triumph ever since before it officially came out through best buy. I know this phone was very buggy when it was first released so I bought the extended warranty from best buy so that I could exchange it when a revised version was made. I haven't had any major problems like others have reporter except that my GPS seems to take forever to connect and the biggest problem is screen responsiveness. I have removed both factory protectors and don't have any sort of protector and I still have this issue. The problem is so bad that I can't even type with any keyboard unless its a slide one like swype or slide it. I know its not me because I've had other touch screen phone including the optimus v and never had this problem. Is any one experiencing this? Has there been a new batch released without all these bugs? Should I exchange for another one? Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

May I suggest you either periodically shut your phone completely down (reboot it with a long press on the power button when it is unlocked), or download from the Market and run 1Tap Cleaner and Advanced Task Killer in succession.

I know people say don't run a task killer with Froyo, but I have found that it helps as it did on my Samsung Intercept. I believe Froyo isn't perfect, nor are all these excellent apps when it comes to memory management.

FWIW - I still have the Gorilla Glass film (that everyone says they are removing) in place, and in addition, a screen protector purchased off eBay and have no issues with screen sensitivity. If I detect a hint of laggy responsiveness, doing one of the two actions above clears things up.

The GPS TTFF (Time To First Fix) is an acknowledged issue which is evidently being worked on.

3. rockneo

rockneo Well-Known Member

Your post will not help, op are you talking about when you type fast it slides diagonally through the keys? This needs to be fixed with a custom rom

4. jmleon92

jmleon92 Newbie

I guess its time to pray that developers find a way to get a working ROM

5. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

Well, if you've tried what I suggested and it doesn't work, then I recommend you pick up a replacement.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews