1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General keyboard/screen issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StepCalhoun, Jan 9, 2012.

1. StepCalhoun

StepCalhoun Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    just got my xperia play and luvin it, however after 4 days ive had the same problem twice now. Ill be texting on landscape mode and suddenly when i press a itll hit caps. Its always in the same place and its not plugged in. It just suddenly does it and i got rid of it last time by switching the device on and off again. I also put my finger close to the screen but not make contact and it regestered it as a press, is this some kind of over sensitive problem? I really dont want to send it back as i dont want to be without my new device for a week. Anyone know if theres a reason for this or if i will have to send it back?

Advertisement

2. NCirie

NCirie Member
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Yes, I have owned my XP since 6-11 and I can honestly say this is my biggest complaint. The texting seems to have some sensitivity issues for sure that effect mine whether on landscape or regular mode. In addition to what you describe, I will see various letters pop up when I am clearly tapping 1 specific key.

I have considered DL'ing a different text app to see if it performs any better, but have not come across any that have blown me away in the decriptions/reviews.

3. StepCalhoun

StepCalhoun Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    yeh, happened again today. Will just take it back and hope that the replacement is better, not happy about this anyway. Also ive noticed its not the keyboard but the screen as when i drag drop down menus from that side. Contacted o2, they said there wont be a problem gettin a replacement just a hastle for me, oh well at least its within the replacement period.