1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Keyboard shortcuts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AtrixMan, Jul 22, 2011.

1. AtrixMan

AtrixMan Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Has anyone noticed when using the webtop that all the shortcuts associated with a DOS/Windows OS work with the Atrix keyboard.
    For example [Ctrl + X] = Cut [Ctrl + C] = Copy And [Ctrl + V] = Paste.

Advertisement

2. cys920622

cys920622 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Canada
    How many Atrix owners actually own the lapdock as well? I'm kinda thinking less than 50%...

3. CeruleanBlue

CeruleanBlue Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Good to know those keyboard short-cuts will work. Do wish there were more webtop applications than just the FireFox browser and access to phone apps.

It supposedly does come Citrix-equipped, but that doesn't benefit me presently. Web-site based Teamviewer doesn't work, and their Android app doesn't sync with the dock's mouse, which makes it really hard to work with. I don't know whether that's a dock problem or Teamviewer. I did file support with Teamviewer, so we'll see if any fix comes out of it.

I have only a desktop machine at home -- no personal notebook or netbook (though I do have work notebook) -- so thought the lapdock could fill that need nicely. So far, it seems something between a netbook and notebook. More apps a fully functional Teamviewer would help out there. I haven't tired a WebEx yet.

Better pricing and dropping that silly 4g requirement for tethering Firefox would also help tremendously. Will they listen?

4. evilbastard

evilbastard Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    The shortcuts are present, because I believe the Webtop OS is a variant of Ubuntu Linux. Barebones, but enough to give you functionality.

5. AtrixMan

AtrixMan Member

Jun 6, 2011
    The Keyboard is part of the webtop and it only cost 50 quid when I got the phone.

6. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Male
    Network Analyst
    South Yorkshire, UK
    I for one am glad I got the webdock/entertainment dock/whatever it's called. The phone upgrade was free, or I could pay the extra

7. Derekski

Derekski New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    I have the Atrix 4g phone and I use the lapdock for my Real estate business almost exclusively. I want to sync my outlook express from my desktop to my phone/lapdock. Since my lapdock has firefox, should I sync outlook with my mobile device or lapdock/firefox?
    This is my first post, please be patient.
    Thanks in advance.