• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard that allows holding keys.

loganrah

Lurker
Apr 18, 2012
I've recently managed to get elderscrolls daggerfall working with dosbox turbo on my new galaxy nexus, the one problem I have is controlling it. At the moment I'm using hacker keyboard but it has one problem (which is the same for the standard keyboard), its not possible to hold down keys, for movement etc.
What I need is a keyboard app that lets you hold down the arrow keys like you would on a normal physical keyboard does anyone know if there is one out there. Preferable also with options for transparency.
(essentially I want to be able to press down a key, say p and get "pppppppppp..." as the output instead of just one p or some variant letter like most keyboards seem to give you).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones