• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help keyboard vibrate no longer an option on 4.4.4

I'm new on here so be gentle :)
I just updated to the newest version (4.4.4) last night and reading on here I have found people are having the same problems, visual voicemail, cloud backup failed, but something I haven't found in another thread is the keyboard vibration is no more. I went into my settings and the option is there but gray, and unable to select.

Can anyone help? I prefer the vibrate over the not so lovely waterdrop noise.

I think I may have the answer to your problem. I was having the same exact issue. Try going to phone settings and disabling "Power Saving Mode". It appears that the keyboard feedback is now set to be turned off by this feature. When I turned power saving off the keyboard vibration returned immediately. This is the only way that I've found to restore that function. I hope that helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones