1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

keyboard with different user color for each key?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jbeale, Aug 22, 2011.

1. jbeale

jbeale Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    I'm new to the Android world. I'm trying find an app which gives you a keyboard that has a separate user-specified color for each key individually. For example I might want the "A" key to be #C02345, the "B" key to be #40E0D0, and so forth. Does this exist?

I understand that there are solutions that make the entire keyboard red, green, blue etc, or maybe have a solid color or patterned background, but that is not what I want.

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    I don't think there is an app that would do that out of the box. You could use go keyboard and choose to use a different background, make a screenshot, use a picture editor on either the CPU or picsay may work, then color each key on the SS what you want it to be, then save and put pic on your SD then choose it as the background in Go. Yeah long and involved process for a very simple thing.

jbeale likes this.
  3. jbeale

jbeale Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    Thanks, so it seems like this is possible. Ok, judging from this screenshot
    https://www.gstatic.com/android/market/com.jb.gokeyboard/ss-480-4-9
    I get the keys showing as a semi-transparent overlay over my custom bitmap? That works for me. Hopefully it can take two separate bitmaps, matching vertical and horizontal layouts.

I haven't yet installed the Go Keyboard. One question: should I be worried about the fact this app apparently has all possible permissions (open network socket, record audio, read SMS messages, wipe SD card, etc.) Is this a replacement for the whole OS? I thought it was just a keyboard input widget?