• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard Word Selection Option gone?!

Tace86

Lurker
Jul 25, 2012
Hi all, I have just got the new HTC One S, my previous phone was a HTC Wildfire (the baby of the HTC range bought many years ago), I am having issues with my typing, or not so much MY typing, but the option to choose another word after I have finished the word and moved on i.e. when editing.
Previous versions all you had to do was double-tap the word and it would show other options that you may have meant, select the new word and it would be replaced. I can NOT for the life of me, work out how to do this on the One S (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3) I have read many pages saying double tap the word and it will show the other words, but whenever I double tap a word it only brings up the copy/paste etc options. This is driving me MENTAL!!! I have to delete the whole word, retype and then delete the extra space it places in there.

Issue 2 - The swype keyboard is great (i fell in love with it on my wildfire) and it has really been upgraded to run faster and more accurate - all good - BUT - it no longer recognises single letter entries (A, I etc) which you used to be able to swype [A->space] to keep the rhythm going, now i have to swype swype swype type space swype swype swype etc.

ALSO - on the swype keyboard, where it automatically places a space after each word, it does NOT put a space between words when doing internet searches, so I have to manually input spaces doing certain tasks. makes using the phone a little less fluid.

If there is anyone who knows how I can fix these things, that would be superb!!!!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones