1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keyboards & other stuff in the USB?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Netjerenbau, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Netjerenbau

Netjerenbau Lurker

Hi all. I've been looking around to see just what we can plug into the USB port if we have the right cable and all I've managed to find is mentions of SD cards.
    I was wondering, would a USB keyboard work? I don't really want to get a wireless one as the battery would be flat, I'd use it so infrequently.

What about anything else? Surely somebody's tried something other than an SD card in there?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

I'm too lazy now, so I'll just repost what I posted in the Note 2 forums...

HTH

3. Scooter04

Scooter04 Newbie

I have an old usb mouse for a laptop that works with the 10.1 note. Also have a logitech k400 keyboard/touch pad that I use for a smart tv and it works with the 10.1 note. Both of them are usb, plugged them in and they worked. Haven'tried anything else. Keyboard is handy if you know you are going to type a lot and are use to a traditional keyboard.

Edit-I also use usb memory stick to move around files from time to time or even just to backup some folders on my tablet.

4. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

Plenty of things you can do with it. Especially when connected with a USB hub.

5. Netjerenbau

Netjerenbau Lurker

Evidently. Thanks, both of you.
    It's the keyboard I was mainly interested in but the USB stick trick will be handy too.