1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Keypad change

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alan Hand, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Alan Hand

Alan Hand Lurker

Hi can anyone tell me how to change the qwerty key board on the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus to the Phone Pad for sending messages and emails

Madasa likes this.
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

phone pad? is that an app? not sure what you are asking here. can you explain it in more detail?

3. Alan Hand

Alan Hand Lurker

Hi ocnbrze,
    Thank you for replying. What my problem is that I have trouble typing messages and emails with a qwerty keyboard, I much prefer the Phone dialer keypad where abc and number 1 are on the same key def and number 2 on the next key and so on.
    This type of keypad comes up when I open the phone and have to put in my pin number, so to my way of thinking it is obviously installed on the phone. I also did a search on this site and a couple of years ago someone asked how to change the key pad back to the qwerty pad as for some reason his had somehow changed from qwerty to the type I want when in portrait style, so I' guessing if his somehow changed then it should be possible for me to have that change on my phone.

I have only just got this phone after my Sony became ill, so I am still trying to find my way around all the settings.

I hope that explains my query and that someone can help.

Kind regards.

Alan

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

The key pad you talk about is the dialer key pad.
    I've never seen it used as a keyboard

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

6. Alan Hand

Alan Hand Lurker

Hi guys, thanks for your help but non of the above worked nor did I want to install another app when the phone already had the key board I wanted.

The problem is that the technical guys are just too technical, they don't know how to talk layman terms.
    We're not all that well versed in the terminology that is not standard even between the tech guys.
    As Dannydet above calls the keypad I wanted a dialer key pad, I call it Phone pad, or T9 predictive, some call it the old Nokia keypad.
    God knows how many other names are given to it, but Samsung as on my S8 plus call it a 3x4 .

What chance do we mere mortals have.

I finally found a automated Youtube video of how to change the standard qwerty board, pad, keyboard, (how many more names are there) to the 3x4 that I wanted but it takes 9 separate presses of different menus to get it to change.

Just toooooooooo much jargon, tooooooooo much technical stuff and no one that knows how to talk laymans language.

Only had this phone for 36 hours, thats 34 hours I will never get back and it should only have taken an hour at most.

Dannydet likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews