1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Keypad programming error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daqota, Aug 1, 2013.

1. daqota

daqota Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2013
    I have a Huawei Ascend through StraightTalk. (My phone is not rooted, because I don't know anything about rooting.) My phone was running slow, so I simply turned it off and back on. When it came back on, it said Preparing SD Card, then the following error message pops up:

the application com.android.huawei.keypadprogramming (process com.android.huawei.keypadprogramming) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again.

The only option is "Force Close", which does nothing but take the message off and leaves me at a black screen with a spinning green circle in the middle. If I don't "Force Close", the message goes away on its own, but I'm still stuck at the black screen with a green spinning circle.

I've tried taking the battery out, taking SD card out, and taking both out anywhere from 15 seconds to 15 minutes. Nothing seems to matter, get the error every time my phones powers up now.

Does anyone know how to fix this? If not, I'm willing to do a Factory Reset, however, I stupidly do not have my contacts backed up and apparently never synced them. I've hooked my phone up to the computer via USB, found my phone folders, and saved all of my photos/videos to the computer, BUT I can not find a file with my contacts. If there's no fix for the error, does anyone know where the contacts are saved and how to get to the file to save them to my computer? Pretty please? Sounds easy enough, right? lol

Oh, I also installed Wondershare MobileGo for Android on my computer to try to get my contacts off, but since I can't get past the black screen to access any settings, I can't "enable USB debugging" to use the program.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. forces4

forces4 Lurker
    None

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    I got mine to start normally by hitting power button to turn off display before the error popped up, waiting 15 sec or so, then turning on display again. Course this was after many failed boots in which I tinkered around pulling down status bar before error, which allows holding power button to bring up airplane mode and power off menue and trying those. Also turned off data switch from status bar pulldown. Not sure what did it actually, but I've unlocked it a few times over the years doing these things.