• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keys Backlight stays on in Multimedia station

dschwa

Nov 5, 2009
Kind of defeats the purpose of dimming the screen when the 4 main keys light up my bedroom for the entire night.

Is something set wrong? I think it was ok at first but something has made the keys stay on.

:mad:One more week before I give up and return my Droid.:mad:

I noticed that too. Wish I could turn the keys off as well while in the dock. I did not notice if the room is well lit if the keys go off or not. I also have the issue that the light from the keys comes through to the screen if the phone is slightly off angle. Makes the dock experience a bit less aesthetically pleasing.

Upvote 0
So I changed my Brightness Setting to manual and all the way down. With the station unplugged, I dock the two under a bright light. The home keys turn off after approx 10 sec.

This worked but there has to be a better way.

BTW, I tried docking the two after turning off the light, and the Home Keys stay lit until I put my phone to sleep.

Must be something in the settings, but a can't seem to find anything :thinking:

Upvote 0
I just got my dock today - it's definitely a problem between the dock app's programming and the phone's ambient light sensor.

You can test this really easily - put it in night mode in the dock and then aim a bright light at the front, the 4 button backlights will turn off, but as soon as you turn the bright light off, they come back as soon as the sensor detects that it's dark.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones