1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Keys falling off keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by someguy9, Aug 30, 2010.

1. someguy9

someguy9 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    UX Designer
    College Park, MD
    Hey everyone, my keys are falling of my keyboard

[​IMG]

And I just wanted a suggestion on what I should do, I pay the phone insurance from Verizon and was just wondering if there is a way to get the Droid 2 from this? (Since I assume they don't make the original anymore)

Advertisement

2. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    What category is this? I think I'd like a 'D', Vanna....

In all seriousness though, you most likely won't get a D2; just a refurb D1. Don't be scared of the refurb though. If VZW hadn't told me mine was a refurb, I'd never have known. Yeah, it was that good.

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Yeah, this is not an insurance issue... it's a warranty issue and Verizon needs to fix it.

4. Genetic_Bloom

Genetic_Bloom Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    If they try to give you a refurb tell them you won't take it. I've gotten 2 of them and they both were horrible quality. Tell them that it's a warranty issue with the phone and you want a new Droid or a Droid 2. I've heard some people having success with just being persistent so if you want a Droid 2 there's a good chance you could end up with one.

5. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    In the forum dog house.
    How did that even happen? Did they split at the seem in between them?

6. smacky

Jan 11, 2010
    That's what I'm wondering. Looking and feeling my keyboard, I didn't think it was possible. For a bit, I actually thought it was one big pice with grooves to distinguish between keys.

7. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Looks that way to me too. I suppose if your one of those kids that do a billion text messages a month you could wear out the plastic at the grooves.

8. KaveMahn

KaveMahn Active Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Male
    Machine Tech.
    Bradyville, TN
    I went to see big red today about the same issue. The warranty covered it and I should have my new phone Wednesday.

9. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Student
    Philadelphia, PA
    I would've cried!:(

Nice one slider5634:D

10. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Farmers Insurance Agent
    Monticello, MN
    The same thing happen to me I want to say its heat conditions but I'm not sure. My f key fell out and then the surrounding keys were getting all lose. The sticky film that holds it down started getting everywhere. I bought the droid on launch day nov 6 09, so they told me call assurion and I had to pay 80 dollars for a replacement refurb or was it 90 idunno either way.. I'm scared its going to happen again. First the keys start off flat then they start to get bubbly then after a while I guess the keys get loose.

11. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    You got taken. Your phone has a 1 year warranty, which this most definitely falls under. You shouldn't pay a penny for a new phone and it shouldn't be through the warranty company, but Verizon.

12. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Farmers Insurance Agent
    Monticello, MN
    Man I wish I came on here before I called the insurance god damn or at least call verizon over the for a second opinion