• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(keys vibrate) annoying

Hey guys. Just brought a Droid Eris. Love the phone. There is one thing that is really getting on my nerves. Is there a way to disable the bottom keys (Menu, Home, Back, Search, etc etc) from vibrating when touch? Even when I dial a number the keys are vibrating (haptic feedback) I've read the manual. Just havent found a way to stop it. Any Advice would be EXTREMELY APPRECIATED.

No, the vibrate on the 4 bottom soft buttons cannot be disabled. I know it is annoying, but it is helpful to know if you've hit the button or not. Just wish it wasn't so strong...

As far as the keyboard goes, press the little gear button to the left of the space bar, then go to Text input. Uncheck the vibrate when typing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones