• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KFHD Rooted but still getting adverts at the beginning!!

mufcpaul

Lurker
Jan 3, 2013
Hi all,
Firstly a HUGE thanks to Inksaver for his idiots guide, worked a treat on my KFHD so can now use Google play. Just a few questions

1. How do I get rid of the advertisements on my lock screen?

2. How do i get apps to work on the KFHD that google play says are incompatible? (Sky Sports Score Centre is just one for example)

3. Any more tweaks or hints that will make my KFHD even more pleasurable?

Many Thanks

a second solution is to long press on that file and chage the permission to all blank. to do t his long press on the file then a menu pops up, go down to properties, and then on the right hand side it will say "change". then uncheck all the boxes and hit ok and then ok again. let me know if that works.

Upvote 0
i changed the file name back to dtcp_apk.apk and used method 2. it worked. after reboot, the kindle comes up to various full page "splash screens" or "screen savers". don't know why changing name and permissions combined didn't work. maybe system finds a backup file when it can't find the original? thanks for the fix.

Upvote 0
i changed the file name back to dtcp_apk.apk and used method 2. it worked. after reboot, the kindle comes up to various full page "splash screens" or "screen savers". don't know why changing name and permissions combined didn't work. maybe system finds a backup file when it can't find the original? thanks for the fix.

method two should work also but you would have to rename the file back to apk then change permissions. there are some who are saying that none of these methods work for them, so im still looking on a third method.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones