1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

KI1 out on XDA

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sydney99, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Sydney99

Sydney99 Android Expert

but bugs reported. think shall wait before trying but reports from anyone who tries would be good......

Riche101 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

3. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Interestingly, KI4 is on Android 2.3.3, and KI1 is a frankenstein on Android 2.3.4

EDIT: Seems like they have now updated the XDA page, and KI4 is in fact Android 2.3.4

Whats the difference between XW and XX in the first 2 letters, as I previously installed XXKH3, but this is XWKI4?

I'll wait and see first. Probably update when the associated Revolution version comes out.
    Anyone know what was updated between KH3 and KI4?

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Only the software engineers at Samsung, and they ain't telling. :(

One thing is obvious - the original update package contains a new bootloader. That alone is reason to steer clear until the experts have pulled the firmware apart and explored the contents.

5. ironass

Never a truer word spoken. :D

6. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

According to the section on xda, it says the bootloader has been removed:

XWKI4

Firmware info
    PDA:XWKI4
    PHONE: XXKI1
    Date: 14/09/2011
    Android 2.3.4

Bootloader removed so you can safely reset the binary counter with a Jig.

Does this mean we should still steer clear for a while?

7. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Nope, I was referring only to the unadultered Samsung release. If the devs have torn it down and worked their magic then it'll be safe.

p.s. You might want to look at the VillainROM - Pros & Cons thread upstairs in All Things Root if you're tempted. ;)

8. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

Going wait too with you guys, ironass stck the kettle on for a brew. I'll get the nibbles

9. ironass

Kettle! Richie101... do behave.

Any liquids I partake in requires a bar maid. :D

I'm in no rush on this one as yet. Villian has got a ROM out very quickly and I'm sure other developers will follow suit in fairly short order. Then usually there follows a settling in period whilst bugs are ironed out. During this time Samsung themselves may even release an updated version as KI4 is K = 11 (as in 2011), I = 9 (as in September) and 4 = the 4th version this month.

10. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

I've had some of your local Brew Black Rat Cider

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews