• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kid messes up phone trying to root got private yech to fix now how to re activate

DroidL

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2010
Valrico, FL
Ok me and my son both had tbolts. He messed his up a while back attempting to root phone, I gave him my old dinc. Dinc got busted by my 6 year old. I got a Rezound, gave my tbolt to my 15 year old and had his number moved to it.

I took his tbolt to an independent tech and asked him to restore stock software. It cost Me 39.99 and instead of putting stock software on it, it turns out he finished rooting it and installed something called go launcher on it. This phoneis no longer activated ancient was told when I transferred the dinc to that line that it would need a new sim card because that one was deactivated.

So now my kid has my tbolt activated and working on his line but would like to switch back to the one with go launcher on it.

How do I activate it? I can't just go to Verizon and have them do the switch can I? They would notice this, I can't do a self activate because I need a new sim right?

If the only reason he wats to switch is for go launcher it is a free download from the market.

Otherwise just take it to vzw say it got messed up and he was using other phones while it was being fixed and now he wants to use this one again and they can switch it for you. I think just switching the sim may fix it but I'm not sure:D

Upvote 0
Once you deactivate a SIM, you'll need a new one. If you have an active SIM with the correct phone number then all you'll have to do is switch phones. The phone number follows the SIM so as long as you haven't deactivated the SIM and it fits in the TB, and it's the correct telephone number then you're good. If it has a different telephone number then you'll need to get a new SIM card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones