• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kids Banned For Life (or until the lawsuit)

I wish supermarkets would pass that law. Or else leash the kids to the Mom's cart.
They never will. Ever noticed sweets/treat/ etc at about waist level? That's eye level for a kid in the cart or walking by. Kid screams, parents give in, store cashes in. If I was a grocery store owner I wouldn't want to NOT have kids in their. Impulse buys are huge profit.

Upvote 0
If one wishes to avoid kids running around while having a meal, one should avoid restaurants like KFC, McDonald's, Burger King and Dunkin' Donuts.

IDK man. Where I am from, parents with rugrats don't limit themselves to those places. One of my favorite chains is Outback. Always plenty of screaming toddlers in there, unless you go mid-week.

Upvote 0
sure! we've kicked the smokers out of the restaraunts...why not the parents with kids in tow. both are horrible annoyances to a pleasurable dining experience.

note - i'm a smoker, but do not have kids.

in my experience, when people say they are at a nice restaraunt but the staff doesn't do anything about children ruining other people's dining experience, they are not at a restaraunt that is as nice as they think.

Upvote 0
I vividly remember starting up the potato chip aisle recently and being greated by a horrible, horrendous stench. I looked up the aisle to find that there were people changing a babies poopy diaper right there in the aisle. Ugh.

What kind of trash does that? Every place I have been within the last ten years had restorooms with changing tables in them. That is simply inexcusable.

Upvote 0
What kind of trash does that? Every place I have been within the last ten years had restorooms with changing tables in them. That is simply inexcusable.

That's what I said. I'm not the douchebaggy type that whines to management every time they don't like anything, but I was very tempted to complain to the store manager. Not that the store could really do anything to stop them though. It's not the store's fault at all.

Upvote 0
I think an area where young kids should be banned is first/business class on airplanes. It would be annoying as hell to sit right by a rowdy kid. I'd rather sit in economy with no rowdy kid than in front, next to, or behind with a rowdy kid in a seat that I paid far more for.

There's an oxymoron for ya ;)

That's not an oxymoron. Oxymorons require two contradictory words

Examples of oxymorons:

- jumbo shrimp
- living dead
- virtual reality
- daily special
- enormously small
- fail safe

and many more

Edit: Hmm... now that I think of it... I don't think "American English" is really an oxymoron. They're not contradicting words in this case, I believe.

Reactions: OutofDate1980
Upvote 0
That's what I said. I'm not the douchebaggy type that whines to management every time they don't like anything, but I was very tempted to complain to the store manager. Not that the store could really do anything to stop them though. It's not the store's fault at all.

i would have followed them out and took a #2 on the hood of their car while they were loading their groceries.

Upvote 0
You forgot a few of my favorites!

- conservative party
- military intelligence
- microsoft works

Examples of oxymorons:

- jumbo shrimp
- living dead
- virtual reality
- American English
- daily special
- enormously small
- fail safe

and many more

Upvote 0
Honestly we need to just cut this whole issue off at the pass. I say we stop having kids altogether.

I'm already making my contribution to this cause. This reminded me of something I read recently that claimed that the more educated someone was the less kids and the less likely they were to have kids. I'll have to go look for that now.

Upvote 0
There's an oxymoron for ya ;)

Oh, TSK! I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition ... (cue Martimus)

First, I thought that playing grammar police was something to be frowned on 'round these parts. Secondly, you've taken a singular literal interpretation of an accepted definition and used it to be the only acceptable definition. Double tsk.

One of the most commonly used examples of an oxymoron is the phrase "military intelligence". Clearly individually they are not contradictory. By your definition the only accepted oxymoronic ;) phrases would be "military civilian" or "stupid intelligence."

In any event, I think my opinion that the culinary disaster commonly referred to as "Hawaiian pizza" fits the accepted definition of an oxymoron and was understood for the comedic gibe it was intended to be.

Upvote 0
The last thing I want to hear when my wife and I are having dinner and a conversation, is someone's child wailing at the top of his/her lungs or even worse having a temper tantrum for no apparent reason.

I think that resturant owners should have the option to restrict which customers they serve, unfortunatly someone will take that owner to court saying that the owner is predjudiced against children.

In my home town there are several resturants that make having children as guests inconvienent, such as they have no high chairs or booster seats, there are no children menu options, these end up being adult resturants.

Upvote 0
I vividly remember starting up the potato chip aisle recently and being greated by a horrible, horrendous stench. I looked up the aisle to find that there were people changing a babies poopy diaper right there in the aisle. Ugh.

I once found one of those in a cardboard carton that contained about $2,000.00 worth of studio lighting. I discovered it while sealing it up for a customer. Glad I checked to make sure that everything was there before the customer discovered it.

Upvote 0

Here is what a rather adventurous friend would often do: when the kids misbehave, my mate speaks very loudly and asks the parents if they would please control their child. Not screams, no cussing, just firm and loud enough to draw attention. The embarrassment often gets results.

What about the kid behind you in a booth that stands up, turns around, and starts staring at the back of your head? You can hear the parent(s) telling the kid to sit down.

Upvote 0
Here is what a rather adventurous friend would often do: when the kids misbehave, my mate speaks very loudly and asks the parents if they would please control their child. Not screams, no cussing, just firm and loud enough to draw attention. The embarrassment often gets results.

What about the kid behind you in a booth that stands up, turns around, and starts staring at the back of your head? You can hear the parent(s) telling the kid to sit down.

Quickest way to stop the kid from standing there is to start talking about having had lice recently - do it loud enough for the parents to hear....hasn't failed yet, the parent's freak out and make the kid move to the other side usually. It's great. :D

Upvote 0
I once found one of those in a cardboard carton that contained about $2,000.00 worth of studio lighting. I discovered it while sealing it up for a customer. Glad I checked to make sure that everything was there before the customer discovered it.

They are very absorbent. It could have been a substitute for the silica gel packs ;)

Reactions: OutofDate1980
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones