1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Kies 2.0/OS Update Issues, PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jk68814, May 11, 2012.

1. jk68814

jk68814 Lurker
    None

May 11, 2012
    Alright so the past few weeks I have been trying to use all kinds of stuff on my phone and most of it will not work and it says I need to update my OS. So I go download Kies 2.0 for mac (I am on a 2011 MacBook) and try to use that to update my phone. I turned debugging off on my phone, then connected the USB to my phone and into my mac. I booted up Kies and then it says its connecting for a few seconds and then an error message pops up saying that either my phone is not supported or is not recognized. I have no idea how to update this phone, its been a major pain in the ass, and I just want some help. Ive searched all over the internet and cant find an answer. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Advertisement

2. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    UK
    Currently, Kies for Mac only supports the following handsets; Galaxy S (GT-I9000), Galaxy S II (GT-I9100), Galaxy Tab (GT-P1000), Wave II (GT-S8530), Wave (GT-S8500)

If your handset's model number is different to the GT-I9000 Kies will not recognise it. E.g, GT-I9000T, GT-I9001.

If that's the case with your handset you can ask a friend who has a PC if he'll let you use it to update your phone. Alternatively, you can visit a Samsung service center and have them update your phone for you, for free.

Ray.

3. Rofa

Rofa Newbie
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    In fact the latest update of Kies for Mac will not let me connect - I had to use Parallels and Windows to get the latest firmware. I really don't know what it is with Samsung. I updated to 2.3.6 a few weeks ago and Touch Wiz would freeze. The latest update to the latest update a couple of days ago seems fine - although I'm sticking with GO Launcher