1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Kies 2.0 update and Tethering

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IanRob, Jun 20, 2011.

1. IanRob

IanRob Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    Australia
    Can anyone out there tether their Samsung Galaxy S (I9000T) with Kies 2.0? I bought my Samsung for the express purpose of tethering to my laptop because I want to stay connected when I travel without an extra wifi device that would do nothing and expire between trips. Tethering worked fine with my Nokia E51 but I upgraded anyway. (Hey the G is a great phone otherwise)Tethering worked fine with my new Galaxy, tethered well etc. Said yes to Autoupdate and upgraded to Kies 2.0.0.22044_11. (and probably a few others between 1.5.1.10083 and 2.0). Never occurred to me to check tethering until today. (Going on road in 2 days). Nope, even help did not find any results for "Tether", "Tethering" or (desparate now) "Modem" in Kies 2.0
    Can anyone help/explain?

Advertisement

2. gerzenplerter

gerzenplerter Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    Heating and plumbing engineer
    Torbay Devon
    I have the same problem..The new version of Kies is rubbish, the look of it is outdated and I also cannot find any way of tethering it.

3. gerzenplerter

gerzenplerter Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    Heating and plumbing engineer
    Torbay Devon
    Good news, I just found out from another forum that you don't need kies to tether your Galaxy. Just connect using usb, go to settings ~wireless and network~tethering..it's that simple..It worked straight away and I am tethered as I write this. Good luck.

IanRob likes this.
  4. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    You can do it with wifi as well. You dont need to connect with usb. Probably uses more battery though.

IanRob likes this.
  5. IanRob

IanRob Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    Australia
    Thanks to both of you. I now have 3 ways to tether. The third being through Kies v1.5.1.10083. I guess I missed the announcement from Samsung.:eek: